Gordon Conference in Movement Ecology, March 2017!
The conference will take place in California, US, in March 2017. A Gordon Conference is usually a small event with high-impact seminars and discussions. As you will notice, when applying to attend, you will be asked to agree to the terms and conditions for this type of conference. These conditions are primarily there to encourage openness in discussions during the meeting.
Visit the Gordon Research Conference Movement Ecology of Animals online: https://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?id=17363. Here you can find all the links that we help you with in this post, just by exploring it yourself.
Date: 19-24 March, 2017
Location: Four Points Sheraton / Holiday Inn Express Ventura, CA.
Site information: https://www.grc.org/sites.aspx?id=19
The Conference will consist of nine sessions, on the topics listed below.
- Integrating Animal Movement Ecology Research
- Large Animals and Small Creatures – Do They Move Differently?
- Animals on the Move in Their Environment
- Modeling Movement
- The Neurophysiology of Navigating the World
- What Is the Adaptive Benefit of Migration?
- Global Environmental Changes and Movement
- Pathogens on the Move
- Observing Movements – How to Track Organisms Across Multiple Scales
The preliminary program will be available July 1, 2016 on the Gordon webpage, but we will also post it here.
Registration fee: Not specified yet. The registration fee will cover registration, room as specified, and meals for resident conferees.
Examples of fee from other GC:
Conferee (Single): $1,125
Conferee (Shared): $1,000
Conferee (Off-Site): $865
Make sure you apply for these posts well in time for the meeting:
- Application for this meeting. This must be submitted by February 19, 2017. Please apply early, as some meetings become oversubscribed (full) before this deadline. If the meeting is oversubscribed, it will be stated on the Gordon web. This is where you apply: https://www.grc.org/application.aspx?id=17363
- Travel grants:
Faculty research and travel grants http://www.staff.lu.se/research-and-education/research-support/travel-and-research-grants/faculty-travel-and-research-grants